What is SEO/Local SEO?
Local SEO is the process of making your business visible for geography-related searches. Local SEO helps your business increase online visibility, take precedence over local competitors, increase traffic to your website, and generate more qualified leads for your business.
Do you operate a small business, a clinic or a professional office? Do you envy the position of your competitors on Google Maps during web searches? You do not have a website or your site does not receive any traffic? You need local SEO.
Here is an example of local SEO in action: You got up this morning with an unbearable toothache and since you have just recently moved into your neighborhood, you do not know any dentist in Montreal yet. You reach out to your phone and type the words "Dentist in Montreal" and Google presents you 3 ads that you do not even explore and you "scroll" directly to the Google Maps section to explore the results.
There, Google Maps presents you with an ad and three dental clinics with customer reviews that vary between 3.8 and 4.5 stars, you choose one of the three, click on the phone number and 5 minutes later you’ve made an appointment with the receptionist for 11.30 am this morning. It’s crazy how technology makes life easier.
You could also click on the blue button with the arrow pointing down, but like the vast majority of Internet users, you don’t. By clicking on this button, you would have discovered more than a hundred other dentists, but why, as you do not know any dentist in the region, would you not go to one of the three clinics recommended by Google? If they appear first, mustn’t they be the best?
Absolutely not, they are first because their Google My Business account is better maintained and powered than that of their competitors.
The goal of a proactive local SEO approach is to structure your Google My Business account to make you appear in the first three positions (named local 3-Pack) on Google Maps. Sometimes it will only take a few hours to work, however for businesses that have negative reviews and where competition is fierce this can take months.
A successful local SEO campaign is essential for any small business looking to generate leads and sales from customers in their area. Think of local SEO as today's phone book! While calls from newspaper ads and yellow pages are on the verge of extinction, local SEO will help you generate more calls and / or contact forms online from your website.
Who is local SEO for ?
Do you operate a small business, a clinic or a professional office? Do you envy the position of your competitors on Google Maps during web searches? You do not have a website or your site does not receive any traffic? You need local SEO services.
97% of consumers go online to discover local services and 82% of smartphone users use a search engine when searching for a local business.
Local SEO will help you promote your business in four distinct ways:
- Local SEO will increase the ranking of your website in the search results and in the local pack (Google Maps).
- Local SEO receives the highest levels of conversion from all advertising channels.
- Local SEO will help mobile users find your business easily. You will see an increase in traffic in your establishment.
- Local SEO ensures that your business will end up on Google Maps and other browser applications.
More than half of Google search queries have local intent. If you are a dentist, restaurateur or lawyer, you cannot afford not to end up on Google Maps.
Benefits of Local SEO Services :
- Local SEO increases the online visibility of your website for consumers in your area: 97% of Internet users search for local services and 95% of them do not search further than the first page of the search results.
- It will also increase your web traffic, information requests and visits to your shop, clinic or office. With targeted SEO for your region, you'll increase the number of online visitors by targeting consumers in your specific geographic service areas.
- Local SEO provides a more targeted geographic web presence - Modern consumers expect personalized online experiences. With local SEO, you can target users in your area.
- With targeted SEO for your region, you will stand out from your competitors.
Less than 50% of companies currently use local SEO services. This is the biggest opportunity that the Web presents today. Take the chance to stand out online.
If your business meets one of the following conditions, you must implement a local SEO strategy.
- You have a business with a storefront.
- You have a company with specific service areas.
- You are a franchisee or franchise owner.
- You want more traffic, leads and sales in designated market areas
- You want your business to appear on Google Maps
- Your company has offices or provides services in several cities, but does not offer products or services nationally.
To Read: Local SEO Guide
ProStar SEO offers local SEO services for small businesses, clinics and professional offices.
Local SEO services are included in our monthly packages.
For small businesses, we also offer a package for $ 250/month that includes:
- Local SEO | Google Maps
- Creation / Optimization of Google My Business
- Study of local competitors
- Publishing weekly content on Google My Business
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console
85% of ProStar SEO customers are in the top three positions (local 3-Pack) in the search for important keywords.
581 447 4376